Friday, October 7, 2016

80s Hair Rock On / Bella Blvd Pinterest Inspired

Happy Friday, friends!  I am so happy to be able to post this morning because of the potential threat of Hurricane Matthew barreling up the coast of Florida.  Thankfully, my area of the state didn't get hit very hard at all...just rain and some wind.  Luckily, we never lost power.  I'm hoping those on the coast made it through okay!

I have a new layout for Bella Blvd to share today, and I used the new beautiful and colorful Illustrated Faith Bright & Brave collection.  I found this gorgeous image on Pinterest to use as inspiration.  I love the black & white vertical stripes mixed with all those bright florals.  This collection was perfect for this!


I used black & white Bible Journaling paper to create the stripes first, and then I used a lot of white gesso over it.  I used the new IF Watercolors (Shanna's Favorites) to create all that colorful watercolor on the background.  Instead of using flowers for this, I fussy cut a bunch of those cassette tapes from the Jesus is My Jam paper and layered them behind the photos.  I knew my photos were all about my daughter's big messy hair, so I decided to go with the music theme and make this an 80s Hair Band type of page...haha!


I fussy cut 80 from the Count the Ways paper and cut "hair" on my Cameo using an orange solid paper from the 6x8 Paper Pad.  I created "rock on" using the new IF Homespun Alpha Stamps.  I stamped them on patterned paper with music notes and then fussy cut them out.  Those stamps are amazing!!  I added several stickers, including some washi stickers.  I did lots of machine stitching and added tangled thread under the "Os" as well as pop dots.  I fussy cut the yellow & pink hearts from the Clear Cuts pack.


Here's another angle of the layout's details.  I used more IF stamps here...those cute music notes.  I also used one of the new Designer Clips.  They are so fun, and you can slide them onto paper or photos just like a paper clip.


This watercolor is amazing!  I love this new set.  I did a little bit of stamping over it here and added some more stickers and stitching.  I love fussy cutting images from patterned papers.  Always look at your papers and see what jumps out at you for cutting out.


Aren't those tapes just adorable?  I layered some patterned papers behind my photos and popped the left one up a little bit.  I love how the black & white photos pop against all those bright colors behind them.


Finally, for these arrows...I fussy cut them from the Clear Cuts pack and stitched them down.  The aqua one is a sticker, but the rest are clear.  I love how you can see through them!  Such a fun embellishment :)


Before I go, I also wanted to share the Bella card I made for last week's World Card Making Day.  I used the new Addison collection for this, and it's so fun and girly.  I used some of the "sweet" die cuts and did a little mixed media work on the background.



I used white gesso, gelatos and some Shimmerz to get that pretty blue smudged look on the background.  I combined alpha stickers from the Fundamentals sheet with Tiny Text alphas and a Tabby to create the sentiment.  Machine stitching and tangled thread finished it off.



Thank you so much for stopping by today....have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Fun fun fun! I love that inspiration piece and your mixed media and all the detail is just wonderful! You stay safe out there Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this page and your card!! GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete