Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Favorite Gardener / Paige Evans Design Team

Hey, friends!  Happy Tuesday to you :)  I'm back today to share my newest layout for the Paige Evans Design Team.  Our theme this week is FLOWERS, and you know I love those...woo hoo!  I decided to go with Paper 13 from Oh My Heart...it's full of tiny colorful blooms, and yes...I fussy cut them all out!  It took quite a while, but it was worth it in the end.  I love the pinks, oranges, yellows and light periwinkle colors and the fun green leafy stems.  To contrast those colors, I added some bright blue acrylic paint to my white cardstock background.  It reminds me of a sky, so I decided to add some fussy cut clouds up top.  I used papers from the 6x6 Paper Pad for that.  I dd mix in a few Puffy Stickers from the Fancy Free collection.


I really love how this turned out!  I kept fussy cutting until my hand couldn't take it anymore...haha.  I wanted to create the illusion of lots of blooms scattered across the page, and I feel like I achieved that.  My photo is of my daughter exploring the hedges down around our pool, and it looks like she's looking across the page at all the flowers.  I added a tiny bit of glue to the center of each one, and I like that the petals are all raised up to create dimension.


To create these larger leaf stems, I cut them on my Cameo using white cardstock.  It's a leaf cut file from the Silhouette Store.  Before pulling them off the cutting mat, I used three different colors of green gelatos to color them.  I smudged the color around with my fingers.  You can see exactly how I did that in my process video down below.  I added some tissue paper and foam adhesive under my photo as well as some tangled thread.  That's a Fancy Free Puffy Sticker under the photo.


I combined this Fancy Free Puffy Sticker with some of the tiny alphas from the Oh My Heart Sticker Book to create my title.  The colors were a perfect match!  I  machine stitched through the alphas and then added my journaling underneath.  My pen had no problems writing over the acrylic paint.  It's actually pretty smooth.


I think this blue may be my favorite color of all time!  I added a Fancy Free Puffy Sticker cloud up top and a cute little heart.  I used one of the Oh My Heart Chipboard Stickers above the photo. I'm seriously loving how the edges of the leaf stems curl up!


I added some foam under the clouds that I created as well as some tangled thread.  I also did a bit of straight stitching through the bottoms of some of the clouds.


I hope you enjoyed this!  Now you can watch my process video if you'd like to see how I put this together.



Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment