Wednesday, March 15, 2017

More of This / Pinkfresh Studio Guest Designer

Hello again!  I wanted to share my other project I created for my Guest Design spot over at Pinkfresh Studio last week.  I was thrilled to be asked by Kinnari, and I worked with the new Live More collection.




I love the colors in this collection, and I wanted to combine a lot of them on this page.  I created a diagonal pattern by putting two papers together.  I stitched down the center and then to keep the business to a minimum, I added a lot of white gesso over it.  It helped to fade out the stripes and plus signs and gave the paper a bit of tooth.  I used a plus sign stencil from my stash and some modeling paste on the background to echo the patterned paper.  Once that dried, I used some blue, green and coral colored Shimmerz Paints.  I fussy cut the big MORE from a patterned paper and worked with three small photos on an angle.


I love big titles, and these letters were perfect.  I layered them over the textured background and then added a chipboard sticker to the center of the O and a sticker over the R and E.  I machine stitched through the whole word, and I love how it looks.  I created a vertical cluster above the title with puffy stickers, cardstock stickers and some stamping.


I popped up my photos using fun foam adhesive.  I added a fun colorful die cut to the left of this photo to break up the design.  I cut "this" on white cardstock on my Cameo to mix up the fonts.  I love how the watercolor looks here...it pooled around the modeling paste in such a cool way!


I love these big acetate letters.  They're pretty subtle here, which is what I wanted.


Here you can see the texture and dimension...just by adding pop dots you can create an entirely different look.


I created another cluster at the bottom with a label for my journaling, a few stickers, a circle die cut and a metal arrow clip.  I cut the clip part off and just used the arrow piece.  I also added some stamping and some stitching.


I did film this, so here's the process video if you'd like to check it out.  I hope you enjoy!



Thanks a bunch for stopping by, and have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment