Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Explore Summer Days / Precious Remembrance Shop Guest Designer


Hey there, friends!  Happy Wednesday :)  Today I’m sharing another layout as the Guest Designer over at Precious Remembrance Shop. I used stamps from the New Day and Date Stamp Sets for this Summer page. I decided to not use any specific collection and just let the stamps guide my design. I created four photo frames using the brush stroke stamp from the New Day Set. I used some colored inks I have in my stash including pink, blue, yellow and a reddish pink color. I stamped them on textured white cardstock and then fussy cut them out. I layered them behind my photo and added foam under it to give it some dimension. I also added some tissue paper in there. I used the various sized circles from the New Day Set to create lots of confetti-like dots on the layout, and I also did some embossing with clear powder to create some subtle circles.


I absolutely love how you can see the texture of the cardstock in the stamped image. I like that it makes it look somewhat distressed and imperfect. I fussy cut all the circles out and glued them in a diagonal fashion around the photo. Later, I decided to add a third small cluster of the circles to the right of the title. Here you can see the dimension from the photo cluster. The shadows created are awesome!


Here’s a great close-up of the stamped frames. I love how these turned out! I machine stitched around the inner edges with some blue thread. On the background, I used some of the same colored inks and some plastic packaging to create some watercolor splotches. I love using lots of blue on Summer layouts!



Here’s another shot of the third cluster of circles. I felt like that area of the page needed some more of those same shapes and colors. I love how the title turned out. Lots of different fonts and dimension. I added another stamp from the New Day Set right above my journaling that says “Simplicity is Beauty,” and I thought that was perfect for my photo of my daughter looking for leaves.


Again, the texture from the cardstock just really makes these stamped images so detailed and interesting. It was fun creating a shape using one stamp four times! I added some tangled thread around the photo a few times in coordinating colors. This adds some great texture to the layout.


Since this was an outside photo, I decided it needed some sun bursts and some clouds. I lightly sprayed some yellow mist over a sunburst stencil at the top of the page and then used the same blue thread to stitch along the edges. I hand cut some cute clouds from white cardstock and layered them in.


Finally, here’s a look at the title. I mixed and matched a Bella Blvd chipboard piece with a Crate Paper piece and added in some Hip Kit Club exclusive blue alpha stickers. Down below that, I added my journaling. I also added a small stamp for the date from the Date Stamp Set.


Here’s my process video if you’d like to see how I created this layout. These stamps really made this layout really fun to put together!



Thanks so much for stopping by!  Be sure to check out all the awesome Clear Stamps in the Precious Remembrance Shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment