Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Paradise / Trimcraft

Hey, friends!  I'm back today to share a layout I created for Trimcraft.  I was contacted by Claire from Trimcraft and she asked if I'd like to design a few layouts using a few of their beautiful paper pads.  Of course I said yes!  This a UK based company, and the Paradise Crush and Storyteller paper pads are available now in Michael's stores.  My first layout features the Paradise Crush pad which is right up my alley.  There are lots of fun and bright tropical colors and patterns.

I chose to scrap a photo of me and my husband on the beach in Aruba last summer.  I sorted through the papers and chose the ones that screamed "tropical paradise" to me.  I did a lot of fussy cutting, and I love how it turned out. I used lots of Shimmerz products on my background.


I love this bird paper!  It's super shimmery, and I decided to cut them out and layer them on top of the photo.  They're lovebirds...haha!  I added some foam under them to raise them up a little bit.  My background has a lot of product on it...gesso first and then I used some Shimmerz Dazzlerz and Texturez along with several sprays.  I also added some Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine.  It looks gorgeous on the aqua background!


Here you can see the awesome texture on the background.  To add to that, I added some tangled thread.  Isn't this flamingo gorgeous?  It's another fussy cut piece from one of the papers.  I love how it looks like it's about to peck my head...haha :D  I added foam under it, and I also added a flair button from A Flair For Buttons.


I fussy cut a few big flower clusters from another paper...you can really see how shimmery and shiny those papers are when they hit the light!  I went simple with my title...just "paradise," and I used some gold glittery Thickers from my stash.


Another beautiful shimmery shiny flower here...they are really beautiful in real life!


Here's another shot of the dimension and texture of all the products together.  I did use a stencil with the Texturez, but I wound up smudging a lot of it with a palette knife.  I love how it turned out.


Here's one more close-up of the journaling and title area.  I created another little flower cluster down at the bottom.


Here's the process video for this layout if you'd like to check it out.  I hope you are able to get your hands on this paper pad if you have a Michael's close by...it's a great stack!



Thanks for stopping in, and have a great day!

1 comment: