Friday, May 5, 2017

Hey Sweet Thing / Paige Evans DT

Happy Friday, friends!  I'm back today to share my newest layout for the Paige Evans Design Team.  The challenge this week was to use NO PINK.  This was definitely a challenge for me since I love pink and use it on pretty much every layout I make.  I can't help it...I have two daughters!  I think I did a pretty good job.  There are a few hints of a coral color, but I don't consider that pink :)

I used a little bit of all of Paige's collections for this.  I started with making a large title using the Open Letter Alpha cut file from The Cut Shoppe.  It's one of my favorite alpha cut files, and it's awesome for using patterned papers to back the letters.  I decided to tuck my photo in between the title and do some layering around it.  I used papers from the Fancy Free 6x6 Paper Pad and Take Me Away 6x6 Paper Pad to back the words.  My background paper is from Fancy Free.  I used white gesso over that first and then used coordinating colors of ink sprays and gelatos over the gesso.  I wanted a subtle bit of color peeking through the cut file.


The first thing I did was add adhesive foam behind the cut file to raise it up off the page.  This creates awesome dimension and shadowing, which I love.  Once I tucked my photo in here, I added some yellow and gold elements.  I used a Fancy Free Wood Veneer heart with some yellow tangled thread under it.  I added in a few Oh My Heart Chipboard Stickers (flowers), a Take Me Away Chipboard Sticker (gold banner piece), a Fancy Free Puffy Sticker and an Oh My Heart Puffy Sticker.  Mixing and matching the collections is lots of fun!


Here's a closer angle of that area.  I love these neutral wood veneer pieces.  They do have color on them, but I just wanted the uncolored part to show.  And I'm obsessed with all this dimension!  That little sticker on top of the photo is from the Oh My Heart Sticker Book.  It says #heckyes :)


I like how the photo just worked in this area.  She fit perfectly in the H here, and I wanted to overlap the photo on top of the "sweet."  I added in another Take Me Away Chipboard Sticker above the photo and another Oh My Heart Chipboard flower here.  The yellow is so pretty!


Backing cut files is one of my favorite go-to techniques.  It does take some time, but that is the fun part for me.  The process.  The end result is always awesome...you can't go wrong with backing cut files :)  I added another Take Me Away Chipboard Sticker down at the bottom.


I did add more thread here and there under the cut file.  I completed my title with HEY, which is a Fancy Free Wood Veneer piece.


Here's one more close-up.  I just love the shadowing here!


I do have a process video if you'd like to see how I put this together from start to finish.  I hope you enjoy and get some fun ideas to try!


Thanks so much for visiting me, friends!  I hope you have fantastic weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment