Friday, July 28, 2017

Vacation Vibes / Shimmerz Education Team

Happy Friday, friends :)  I have a new layout to share today for the Shimmerz Education Team.  I've been in a Summertime scrappy mode lately, so I went all fun and shimmery for this page.  I've had the new Pink Paislee Summer Lights collection for a few weeks and finally dove into it.  It's gorgeous!

I wanted to recreate my mirrored sunglasses, so I pulled out some gold Deco Foil from Thermoweb and used a sunglasses die cut from the Silhouette Store.  I took two pictures of my final layout to show how they shine in the light!  I used some of the NEW Shimmerz Creameez on my background.  I think they match perfectly with this line.  I used 1 Hot Mama, Dandy-Lion and Purple Peony.  I used the packaging technique along with my brush and then added some splatters.  Before applying all the Shimmerz, I coated a big portion of my background with white acrylic paint to create a barrier.


Here you can really see the shine on those glasses :)



This photo is of me having a nice fruity beverage in Las Vegas, so I wanted to showcase how much fun it was.  I used a few patterned papers from the 6x6 Paper Pad behind my photo and embellished here with some metallic gold thread.


I used a few of the Summer Lights Stickers, Ephemera and Chipboard Stickers as well.  They all look so good with these new Creameez colors.  I did add some adhesive foam under the sunglasses to create a bit of dimension.  I also added some foam under that camera sticker as well as some purple tangled thread.


I created a small cluster down here at the bottom using die cuts and stickers.  My title is a sticker, and again...it matches the background so well.  There is always a matching Shimmerz Paint!


Here's another shot of the dimension.  Something as simple as adding some adhesive foam makes such a big difference.


Check out the 1 Hot Mama color here...it's such a gorgeous pink!  Probably my new favorite :)  I also did a little bit of machine stitching with gold thread.


In addition to the new Creameez, I splattered some Inklingz Miner Miner 49er. That is also what I used to lightly paint the outer edges of the sunglasses die cut.


One more close-up just because....colors!


I hope this inspires you create something fun with your Shimmerz Paints!  The new colors are totally amazing, and I can't wait to use them again!  I do have a process video showing how I created this page from start to finish.


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Supplies Used:
Inklingz--Miner Miner 49er
Creameez--1 Hot Mama, Dandy-Lion, Purple Peony


No comments:

Post a Comment