Thursday, August 10, 2017

This Makes Me So Happy / Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hello friends!  I have a new layout to share today for Cocoa Vanilla Studio.  I combined a few collections on this page including Love Always and Wild At Heart.  I wanted to see how the florals from both collections would look, and I love how it turned out!  I love using watercolors to create a background that pulls all the colors together.  I think the light and dark pinks look so pretty mixed with the light oranges and corals.  I started with this beautiful black and white dotted patterned paper from Love Always.  I coated a lot of it with white acrylic paint to fade out some of the circles.  This makes the background less busy and helps the photo and embellishments to stand out while still leaving some of the dots scattered around the edges.  I did a lot of fussy cutting and used one of the exclusive floral cut files as well.


I used a few different shades of pink and coral watercolors on the background.  I used the plastic packaging technique as well as a brush.  It did take some time to fussy cut all those flowers, but the end result is worth it.  I tucked the cut file in as a layer and added some tangled thread.  I also added some foam under my photo to raise it up off the page.


Again, I mixed collections here.  I used a Rubber Charm from Wild At Heart, and the striped banner piece is from the Love Always Accessory Sticker Sheet.  I added in a few sequins from my stash that matched the mint leaves.


I used this piece as my title.  It’s from a 3×4 cut apart piece from a Love Always paper.  I love that it’s a dark grey color and matches the photo.  I layered a few more flowers here, did some stitching and wrote my journaling.


I fussy cut this circle from a Love Always paper and added a few flowers to the left of it.  I overlapped the watercolor so it blended in and looked like part of the background instead of just a random piece that I just stuck down.  I also stitched through it and topped it with some sequins.


I created a small floral cluster down at the bottom left area with more fussy cut flowers and tangled thread.  I used a few more Wild At Heart Chipboard Stickers here as well.


After the pink and coral watercolor dried, I splattered in some light aqua and silver ink sprays.  I also added in a few more pieces here.  The Chipboard Stickers are from Wild At Heart, and the “captured” sticker is from Love Always.


I hope this inspires you to do a little mixing and matching and see what you can come up with :)  Here's my process video if you'd like to see how I created this.


Thanks so much for stopping in...have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Incredible! Your work just keeps getting more and more interesting!! I love all the detail, and how you ingeniously find the balance between artsy, messy and clean. So very cool!

    ReplyDelete