Tuesday, December 12, 2017

The Best Christmas / Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hello there, and Happy Tuesday!  I have a festive holiday layout to share today for Cocoa Vanilla Studio using non-holiday papers & embellishments.  I had lots of fun making this one!  I started with this beautiful tree cut file from Paige Evans called Christmas Tree Scalloped, which I cut on white cardstock.  I pulled several papers from various Cocoa Vanilla collections to back all those scalloped shapes.  I went for a pink, peach and light blue color scheme, and I think it turned out really pretty.  I pulled papers from Bohemian Dream, Hello Lovely, Wild at Heart, Hello Sunshine, Make a Wish and Life is Beautiful.  I went light on embellishments to let the photo and the tree stand out.


After backing the tree, I ran it through my sewing machine and stitched along each row using gold metallic thread.  I used white cardstock as my background and used lots of Gold Color Shine as well as some pink and blue Shimmerz sprays.  I used the plastic packaging technique and added lots of splatters.  Here you can see my journaling along the bottom row, which I wrote in gold.  I added some word and phrase stickers from the Bohemian Dream Accent Sticker Sheet as well as some enamel dots.  They remind me of little lights on the tree!


I mixed and matched my title using some Hello Lovely alpha stickers and some Hello Sunshine Puffy Stickers.  The Hello Lovely stickers are a wood color, but I painted some Gold Color Shine over them to make them sparkle.  I used a few Bohemian Dream Chipboard Stickers as well as a Life is Beautiful sticker.


I used a bit of blue paper behind my photo as well as some tissue paper and adhesive foam.  I stamped my date at the top instead of the bottom on this page.


I colored the star at the top gold, and I love how subtle it looks.  It was a lot of fun backing this cut file because I got to use so many papers from so many collections!


I think of birds when I think of Christmas, and instead of red birds I used these darling pink ones.  They’re from Bohemian Dream.  I cut one from a sticker and the bigger one is chipboard.  I love using non-traditional colors for Christmas pages!


I hope this inspires you to create a Christmas or holiday layout using products not made for holidays.  It was a fun challenge, and I love how it turned out.  I have a video here if you’d like to check out the process of this layout.


Thanks so much for stopping in today :)

1 comment: