Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Crazy Love / Hip Kit Club

Happy Tuesday, friends!  It's a great day because it's my birthday...woo hoo!!  I wanted to share my newest layout for the Hip Kit Club today featuring the 2018 January Hip Kits.  This week's theme is "love and hearts," so I picked out lots of heart goodies from the kits.  I was thumbing through the Project Life cards and found one with a tic-tac-toe design on it.  I was inspired to create my own grid design and use my photos as the diagonal focus.

I used some of the Tutu Pink cardstock from the Cardstock Kit as my background.  I used a palette knife to scrape some white gesso over the paper and then lightly drew a grid design of nine squares.  I used the Distress Oxides from the Color Kit to add lots of watercolor goodness to the background.  I also added in some Shimmerz sprays from past Color Kits to add some color variation.  Once that dried, I machine stitched along the lines with black thread.


I used a heart punch from my stash to create four large hearts.  I used a few of the patterned papers from the Main Kit and added lots of embellishments.  I used several pieces from the Crate Paper Main Squeeze collection and some dimensional hearts from Pinkfresh Studio.  I also added a few of the Vicki Boutin watercolor stickers, which I colored blue.


I really love a grid design like this because you can "decorate" each square as a separate mini layout.  Here I machine stitched around the big heart and then added a Main Squeeze die cut.  I actually trimmed it down because it's quite big.  I punched some smaller hearts from patterned paper and then touched it up with some Pinkfresh Studio Puffy Heart Stickers.


How cute are these Crate Paper gold hearts?!  I created a little banner with them and then stitched through them with gold thread.


I love all the dimension from all of these bits and pieces!


This paper here is from Crate Paper Main Squeeze and it's only in the Paper Kit.  I cut "You Rock" from a Crate Paper Good Vibes paper.


I overlapped those awesome red & pink Thickers under the middle photo.  I love the pop of bright red they give!


I hope this inspires you in some way.  Grid designs are awesome, and I find them really fun to make and embellish.  Check out my process video here to see it come together.




Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great day!


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! Love the design and colors of this layout. It's stunning!

    ReplyDelete